Black and White

mikephot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some one Help.

I would love to change some images to B&W but not just Grey Scale i mean only blacks and white no grey!!!!!:confused:

I don't know what to tell you, all editers I have experiance with go to grey. if I want to do that the only option I have is to do it with my neg scanner set to BW.

That is not to say there is not an editer with the capibility, There may be I just don't know of it.

i either (in photoshop cs3) use the monochrome and adjust the sliders, or use CS3's built in convert to black and white and then adjust with the curves and everything.

If you need more detailed tutorial i will put up later

if you have PS, you can use a channel mixer adjustment layer.......this seems to be one of the best ways to convert.

Bummer, no, I don't believe Orvo is part of any package. I bet they couldn't get any in time to emulate it.

I almost forgot, more affordable, though still not free, is Fred Miranda's B&W Conversion App:

Fred Miranda B&W

...you can buy and dl here.

Try using a gradient map in photoshop and then adjusting curves to taste. That always gives me great black and whites with very little grey. Here is an example:
2292919351_03fc59801c_o.jpg

2293705178_f57f8a34ba_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back