Black Cameras

core_17 said:
I'm sorry, but even after reading all this, I don't see how the color of your camera affects your ranking as a photographer.

thanks core. thats what im thinking.

md

People can have the Model T in any colour--so long as it's black. - Henry Ford

I own black cameras because I prefer it over silver. And that's only because I can't get them in blue :(

DocFrankenstein said:
If you shoot silver camera, you aren't a pro. Why?

Pros shoot a lot, silver cameras won't do because generally:

The build is not there. Won't last if abused professionally. And it's not the body only. The internal mechanisms are better built too. IE: the 10Ds shutter lasts longer than the Drebel's.

Silver cameras usually lack features for pros, like diff flash parameters, AF systems... etc...

Black cameras were designed and priced for constant abuse and usage. They are also priced out of range of "non pro" photographers.

Black looks much cooler than white. :D
That's odd. I bought a Minolta srt101 from an ex-pro who'd been using it since day one. It all seems fine to me. I say fine as I've only taken two pictures in it. There's another 22 to go on the roll. :lol:

I assume you're talking modern day cameras then. But why are they all black? Who said that they have to be? Is it just so you stand out from the crowd when you're at the zoo with the kids? I've heard about the reflection side of things. But surely a black camera made out of black plastic with a glass lens will show up in most reflection to? :?:

Oh this is a relief! Thank god i've got a black camera instead of a silver one! I was really starting to worry about what people might think of me if I had a camera that was the wrong colour! :wink: :lol:

And to think all the so called "pro" guys using a white lens on their black camra thus runing the effect of being a pro!!!

Just look at that Newbie camra!!!

expo_report5l.jpg

Ware do ya get one of them amater lenz? :roll:

My camera is silver. I have sold a print. Im turning 18 thursday. True that my camera sucks but i have some cool pictures from it.

I'm throwing a party because I just became a pro photographer with the help of some black spray paint from Walmart for $.92

As I have read many times before, a good photographer can take a good picture with just about any working equipment. A good friend of mine has a Canon film SLR from the 70's and he can shoot circles around me with my new 20D. What's more important, knowing how to use the functions provided on your camera efficiently to get the shot that YOU want even though the camera you are using might not be a "pro" model, or owning the "pro" model camera and consistently miss the shots you want because you can't figure out what any of the 3,000 buttons do?

In a perfect world, it can be said to let your pictures talk for you, because a picture doesn't blatently tell the viewer with which camera or lens it was taken.

Apparently, this topic has gotten the better of me...

Every hobby I'm into has those kinds of people. The gear is everything, like owning it will somehow make you better. And if you haven't got it, then you're nobody. Let's face it, it's not the gear, it's the shot. All of my stuff is silver and black, and I can "outshoot" a lot of people I know that have black cameras. But I also know, a truely great photographer, armed with a shoebox-with-a-hole-punched-in-one-end, would blow me away. The best "revenge" is to get to be really good, with what you've got.

Have Fun,
Tom

Most reactions

New Topics

Back