Black Core Storm Australia.

Dragonfly..shotz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a very nasty storm but I managed to keep ahead of it in the chase, to get these.

7170107992_8f89fd5dc4_z.jpg

6875381299_4b4e20b19a_z.jpg

6779268940_8e02a7cc6f_z.jpg

I really like the first one, the other two seems too HDR'd for my taste. It makes the clouds look fake or painted, but hey that's just me. I like the road's journey down to the horizon and the shades of grey in the clouds in the first picture.

I like the last one. but then again I am in to HDR

Just love the 3 picture set. The storm looks massive, and your editing only helps to that end.

I like the set; I dont think they are overprocessed in any way (it just helps make the storm more powerful!).

The first one is a mess...in the sky. Which is why I like it. It's not typical uniformed clouds saying a storm is coming like in shot two. It's a complete wreck. (mother nature's wreck by the way...lol, not your photo) Clouds here, shadows there, little sunlight, little rain even. It shows the signs of a very very nasty storm 'a comin. Good capture. I love it.

IMO the only thing that could make them better would be a little wider angle lens. That would bring out the power and make it feel more "massive"

Thanks very much for the feedback. I had some nice light to work with in image #1, the other two (although they are all from the same storm) didn't have such ideal light and I did bracket a few images at that stage during the storm. I also like the tones and while they might look painted Im still happy with the result. The lens I used was canon 17-40mm f/4L, these were all taken at 17mm, it was a massive storm.

Thanks again for the comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back