Black Crowned Night Heron

Do you think that you'd be getting the same quality pics if you where using a normal zoom telephoto compared to the big prime or is it about who's holding it lol.

Awesome set!

For the question above. He has nice gear.... Wait a minute. I shoot almost the exact same setup and he kills it where as I still have room to grow.
In short. It's most certainly Mr. Rowe that makes the biggest difference.
Thanks Mr Zombie. :) I see gear as #3 on the list. Time spent and knowledge are the 2 most important things... I could have gotten similar images with a T/S 150-600, however they wouldn't be quite as sharp, the BG wouldn't be quite as soft and I would have had to shoot at a higher ISO.

Attitude helps too, as I crawled about 50 feet on my belly, sniper style in marsh grass to get this close on a few of the images... :)

Do you think that you'd be getting the same quality pics if you where using a normal zoom telephoto compared to the big prime or is it about who's holding it lol.

Awesome set!

For the question above. He has nice gear.... Wait a minute. I shoot almost the exact same setup and he kills it where as I still have room to grow.
In short. It's most certainly Mr. Rowe that makes the biggest difference.
Thanks Mr Zombie. :) I see gear as #3 on the list. Time spent and knowledge are the 2 most important things... I could have gotten similar images with a T/S 150-600, however they wouldn't be quite as sharp, the BG wouldn't be quite as soft and I would have had to shoot at a higher ISO.

Attitude helps too, as I crawled about 50 feet on my belly, sniper style in marsh grass to get this close on a few of the images... :)

I think it's black magic haha, really awesome pics, now I can push myself to get similar results

As Ansel Adams said - “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.” 'nuff said!

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back