Black dot on pictures (now starting to fade)

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
6034861540_34b90d1227_z.jpg

This dot showed up a few hours ago and was on ALL of my pictures up until about 5 minutes ago. Tried all 3 of my lenses, and it was still on my pictures, but now it seems to have faded to almost nothing. What could this be? I panicked a bit, but I am leaning towards condensation maybe?

Well after increasing the aperture to f/20, its a pitch black dot which leads me to think it's a piece of dust.

Clean it.

I know I need to clean my gear before my next shoot.

Black hole....lack of matter. Awfully close to our solar system. :lol:

Your sensor is dirty. Have it cleaned. In the mean time, use contents aware in CS5 to remove it from your photo

Black hole....lack of matter.
Actually, a black hole is black because it has an escape velocity that exceeds the speed of light. The enormous escape velocity results because a black hole has a point of infinite density and infinite mass at it's center. Mathematicians call a point that has infinite mass and infinite density a singularity.

Someone close the the center of a black hole shining a flashlight outward will see the light beam curve and fall right into the center.

Black holes grow by sucking in matter with their prodigious gravitational fields. We detect black holes from the x-rays emitted by all the matter that gets accelerated to the speed of light as it is falling into the black hole.

Black hole....lack of matter.
Actually, a black hole is black because it has an escape velocity that exceeds the speed of light. The enormous escape velocity results because a black hole has a point of infinite density and infinite mass at it's center. Mathematicians call a point that has infinite mass and infinite density a singularity.

Someone close the the center of a black hole shining a flashlight outward will see the light beam curve and fall right into the center.

Black holes grow by sucking in matter with their prodigious gravitational fields. We detect black holes from the x-rays emitted by all the matter that gets accelerated to the speed of light as it is falling into the black hole.

I knew that :er:, gravity so strong light doesn't escape. I watch my Star Trek, just try to hide that fact sometimes. :lol:

This dot showed up a few hours ago and was on ALL of my pictures up until about 5 minutes ago. Tried all 3 of my lenses, and it was still on my pictures, but now it seems to have faded to almost nothing. What could this be? I panicked a bit, but I am leaning towards condensation maybe?
This type of post really helps illustrate that knowing how your camera works makes trouble shooting a lot easier, and fewer technical mysteries will present themselves.

You now know it was dust on your image sensor. What you need to understand now is why it shows up more at small lens apertures than it does at wider apertures, and how you can tell dust/debris on the front or rear lens elements from image sensor dust.

Clean it.

I know I need to clean my gear before my next shoot.

Just something else to buy lol.

Well, you could take it in the shop and pay them $50 to do it, or Buy a blower and a sensor wet-cleaning kit for $50 and do it yourself (if I can do it, ANYONE can), or you can live with the spot on your images.

Those are about the only options. :)

I took the lens off to look at the sensor and I see the effin piece of debris on the low pass filter. Should I just leave it until I get some cleaning gear or can I use a regular Q tip. I'm not touching it until I hear from someone lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back