Black Headed Gull .... In Flight

vijaythakur27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nice shots. Watch your horizons. . I also tend to shoot with a slight lean to the left, even though I have a level in the viewfinder.

Technically, these images are not too bad, a couple of horizons are bit off being flat, but that can always be corrected. The birds are also very sharp and the eyes are in focus.

One thing you might want to think about is numbering your images, particularly when you post more than 1 or 2. Numbered images are easier for a reviewer (C&C) to comment on as they can simply refer to the number without having to flip back and forth to ensure that they are commenting on the correct image. Also, if you are looking for comments, I would suggest that you would get more comments if you posted only 2 or 3 images (numbered of course). If you consider that it takes about 2-3 minutes to do decent review of one image, then 2 or 3 will take less than 10 minutes, an amount of time that a lot of folks are willing to contribute, but you have posted 8 images here that would require about 15 to 20 minutes for proper review, an amount of time that very few are probably willing to give - my opinion only.

The other comment I would make concerns the placement of the bird/subject itself. A number of your images have the bird almost directly in the centre of the image and this is normally not the best place to put the subject. I notice this in the 1st, 4th, and 7th image (I hope I have those correct). Usually it is best to place the subject in one of the thirds positions , depending on which direction they are looking, flying, walking, etc. For example, in the 1st one, the bird would be better place in the left third of the image so that it appears that it is flying into the other two-thirds of the image - this gives an appearance of potential action. Placing the subject in the centre results in a static image with no appearance of "action".

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back