Black Mesa Research Facility

Dr_Totenkopf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So guys I got to go up to Black Mesa over in the Panhandle of Oklahoma. Here are the best pictures I got on the trip, any advice you can give would be appreciated.

PS. I am still running a stock Argus C3, with 200iso color film.

Edit: OK for some reason the images did not upload with my post... :( I'm using mobile so I will try again from my laptop when I get home.

Meh, composition was a bit lacking. I was underwhelmed by the pictures, only to be distracted by random peoples heads poking up in the bottom of the frame.

It appears there is an abundance of cactus, some in focus, some not.

And wide open landscapes, of which I have no context or particular landmark to draw my eye.

I'm sure the trip itself was much better than the images that were captured.

I guess the headcrabs are hibernating or something...

I do like the hilltop landscapes that show the vast expanse. You should crop out the heads though.

It's awesome because you used a C3 (and what film?), I've been looking for a fully functional one.

Last edited:
apples said:
I guess the headcrabs are hibernating or something...

I do like the hilltop landscapes that show the vast expanse. You should crop out the heads though.

It's awesome because you used a C3 (and what film?), I've been looking for a fully functional one.

No the headcrabs just blind into the ground well, my brother, one of the heads needing to be cropped out, got bit he's OK just a little zombiesh...

I may be able to get a hold of a matchmatic

PS. KODAK 200 Speed Color

Last edited:
Meh, composition was a bit lacking. I was underwhelmed by the pictures, only to be distracted by random peoples heads poking up in the bottom of the frame.

And wide open landscapes, of which I have no context or particular landmark to draw my eye.

Don't hold back... what do you REALLY think? :lol:

Don't hold back... what do you REALLY think? :lol:

I expect nothing less when I ask for critique. I think the OP (hopefully) knows it's just about the pictures, and not the person taking them. I'm sure it was a great trip.

What, no portals?

OK here is a cropped version without the heads, I also removed some of the sky.

IMO don't crop out the sky.

What, no portals?

I was going to say something like "What, no shots of Freeman?" but for whatever reason, I didn't.

I really like how the clouds cast shadows on the ground in the 5th one.

Besides getting a good wide angle lens to capture more vastness. What else should I do when shooting large landscapes?

Besides getting a good wide angle lens to capture more vastness. What else should I do when shooting large landscapes?

I am sure the view was beautiful in person, however, the picture is very flat and has no real subject, therefore it is boring. In my opinion, adding sky (not cropping it out) would improved the comp if there were some clouds to add to the vastness. Also, a little polarization would have probably helped increase the blue in the sky and the greens.
Beautiful country. Keep shootin'.

OK here is 3.0 no heads, all the sky and a little color boost.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back