What's new

Black on black head shot

JayClark79

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Location
Delaware
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine is looking to have a head shot done for her business card she said she wants a black background which is no problem but she also said she wants to wear a black top... I told her she might come out looking like a floating head so she said she'd bring a lighter top also just in case.

How can I make her stick out from the background... I have 2 off camera flashes.. should i just put 1 behind her for rim light?? Should i point the flash at the background?

Or am i being silly and if the flash and exposure are correct it will light her black top?
 
Step one: Examine a reasonable number of portraits by Josef Karsh ( Josef Karsh - Google Images ), particularily the famous image of Hemingway, paying close attention to where the light is coming from.

Step two: get the model to bring a dark grey top. Something that will photograph "almost black".

Step three: set up one light as a rim light, high and behind the subject.
 
I dont have any advice for you but I do have an off-topic question. How did you get those bars in your signature?
 
As stated, kicker/rim light high, above, and behind. Offset it to the side opposite the key light. Post up pics when you're done!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom