jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2022 stopped by to say goodbye... This is my first sighting of these gruesome birds. I was in the back yard and heard scratching and hissing, and these two were on the neighbors chimney fighting over some poor critter.

dec31202206 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

dec31202207 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

dec31202208 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Last edited:
Definitely gruesome birds!
Yes they are!
Nice shot. You wouldn't want to fall asleep for to long near it!
Thanks! Yep, I did a check on both dogs, since they are small breeds. The Sheltie was ready to take them on, but I don't think I would have put my money on her against two of them. As it is, they prefer carrion over fresh, although from the red glint on the beak of the one, I'm guessing they got fresh.

Quite a handsome fellow, Nice shooting!

Quite a handsome fellow, Nice shooting!
Thanks! I think the Addams family may have moved in next door... ☠️
Great shots! They are ominous looking.
Thanks! Yes they are. If I were one to believe in omens and those had appeared on the 1st, I'd be a bit nervous. As it is, they appeared on the last day of the year... and I don't believe in omens... (clutches rabbit foot and evil eye pendant)

Nice pics. We've a large colony of them that roost up the hill and keep the roads clear of what is really gruesome....road kill.

Nice pics. We've a large colony of them that roost up the hill and keep the roads clear of what is really gruesome....road kill.
Thanks! We usually see Turkey Vultures around here, so it was "treat" to see these two Black Vultures.

Most reactions

Back