Black & White with Color...mode on camera???

^LOL. I was wrong as well. I had never heard of it as of yet. Guess I should read about POS P&S.

Derrick

Yup,

There are a couple of Canon P&S that have the ability to do that but I haven't seen any DSLRs that can do that.

It is a very easy and straight forward process to do in post though. Just google it and you'll get a bunch of different techniques.

Well I'll be a suck egg mule. They sure are putting a lot of gizmos on the P&S cameras these days. Any of em make coffee for you while your shooting?:lol:

I guess you can toss me into that sack with them other dumb rocks. But I will admit when I am wrong and on this one it looks like I was wrong. I don't own a P&S but was thinking about getting a G9. Wonder what spangle and sparkle Canon put into it.

coffee.. no.. but some models can do laundry, i heard :razz:

i had a canon powershot a610 that did this i forget what the setting was called.

I've never heard of that, but I've never had a Canon, either - interesting.

coffee.. no.. but some models can do laundry, i heard :razz:

Intriguing. Are there any that can change diapers? I'd definitely pay extra for that feature.

I didnt know cameras could do this in-camera. I have done it before though and I use Photoshop CS4. I turn the photo to black and white and use the reverse paint brush to undo the black and white on the eyes for example.
3740485351_44ce60804c.jpg

Last edited:
gryphon and montana: Hey, I'm right there with you guys. I had no idea those lil' P&S cameras would do such a thing. That said, I'm almost sure the end result is not up to snuff either (well, for the picky among us who would rather have the colour information in the rest of the image to tweak contrast and get exactly what we want). Pretty neat though.

Oh, and someone said how it was funny that most people on here can't work a P&S to save their skin or something like that. Yeah; for me it's a problem that I'm confused by the control. I look for my dial...wait, no dial. I look for the aperture setting, and it takes me forever to find it, etc. I think the worst part is that they don't have that nice click from the mirror slap and shutter, and I don't even realize I've taken a picture half the time. >.<

Most reactions

Back