Black & White...

Same as the other, you gotta get the whole body! Its a little discerning to see people grow out of the ground :D

Same as the other, you gotta get the whole body! Its a little discerning to see people grow out of the ground :D

I was on a lower position of a hill side where as all the activities, including the"photographer" were taken looking inclined upwards....
Until you mention i never thought of their growing out of Earth..but now i too see it that way... :D

I disagree, I like it this way. If he were to have captured the whole body of each of the figures - their feet being right on the transition from black to white - this image would have an extremely flat, 2-dimensional feel to it in my opinion (think of paper dolls). As it is, I immediately got the sense that they were on a hill. Imparting a sense of topology in an image like this is quite an accomplishment I feel.

I do wish that the figure on the far right had been just a tad higher, so that the crop was not right at his/her waist (a valid point also made in the "Photographer" post). However, I would not edit that figure out entirely as I like how it adds a kick to the line formed by the other three heads. I also like how the hands of the left two figures come just to the horizon, giving a stability to those figures.

I like this a lot. I also don't mind the "growing out of the ground" thing, as I too saw it as climbing a hill...the mind can fill in, I think.

What I would like to see, and this is ONLY for showing on here, is a thin stroke around the image to define the edges...as it is a lot of white shown on a white background...

Scratch that...I clicked on the image and looked at it on black in Flickr. It looks good. It looks like it could be a CD cover...

I might have just wanted the extreme left of the tree to be in the frame...

Like it though. :)

I like it Frequency. I see it as a hill and not growing people. I too would like the rest of the tree in the image. I think a little less white at the top would help, maybe half way to the tree top. I really like what you did in the image though.

I disagree, I like it this way. If he were to have captured the whole body of each of the figures - their feet being right on the transition from black to white - this image would have an extremely flat, 2-dimensional feel to it in my opinion (think of paper dolls). As it is, I immediately got the sense that they were on a hill. Imparting a sense of topology in an image like this is quite an accomplishment I feel.

I do wish that the figure on the far right had been just a tad higher, so that the crop was not right at his/her waist (a valid point also made in the "Photographer" post). However, I would not edit that figure out entirely as I like how it adds a kick to the line formed by the other three heads. I also like how the hands of the left two figures come just to the horizon, giving a stability to those figures.

Thank you S74 :D....I liked your keen analysis...as you might have guessed, this is a totally unplanned image...they were moving down and were soon to set behind the hills... the right extreme figure was a lady who either of lesser height or moved down more :D i am not even sure now whether they belonged to the same group or not.... ;)

Regards :D

I like this a lot. I also don't mind the "growing out of the ground" thing, as I too saw it as climbing a hill...the mind can fill in, I think.

What I would like to see, and this is ONLY for showing on here, is a thin stroke around the image to define the edges...as it is a lot of white shown on a white background...

Scratch that...I clicked on the image and looked at it on black in Flickr. It looks good. It looks like it could be a CD cover...

I might have just wanted the extreme left of the tree to be in the frame...

Like it though. :)

Yes, that was a fatal mistake to miss the edge of the tree ....
Putting a border is a good idea....

Regards :D

I like it Frequency. I see it as a hill and not growing people. I too would like the rest of the tree in the image. I think a little less white at the top would help, maybe half way to the tree top. I really like what you did in the image though.

Thank you Scuba very much
:D

Most reactions

Back