Blackwater Falls!

Flying Panda

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
jt-strachan.pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Water level was up, the sky was a deep overcast, the weather was snowy and blustery!

500_3392 (LRGCR)-F1500x1000.jpg

JT

Looking at that I would guess you had a high shutter speed apx 1/250?
Looks cold. Love the rust colour, is that something it’s washed away from the bank/river bed

Looking at that I would guess you had a high shutter speed apx 1/250?
Looks cold. Love the rust colour, is that something it’s washed away from the bank/river bed

1/160 sec
ISO 160
55mm focal length
-1.3 exp comp
F/5

Yes - actually the water color comes from the surrounding region's many tributaries feeding ground water into Blackwater River. That region is heavily populated mostly with hemlock trees. Here is a link about the state park where the falls is located. Somewhere in its literature it will describe how the water gets its color.
Blackwater Falls State Park - West Virginia State Parks

I used the link, whilst it’s a personal preference I like your image better than the milky effect used on the web site.
The site did in fact say how the water got the colour, are you planning to do 1a month to show the changes over the year.

Nice, looks like it would have great sound to go with the scenery.

Real nice shot. I thought that maybe the water was getting that brown color from people boycotting Star Bucks and pouring their coffee into the river. :02.47-tranquillity: No such luck .....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back