Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2gQXr34

2gQYaqw
2gR1d3m
IMG_4513 by mike long, on Flickr
IMG_4545jjj by mike long, on Flickr

Last edited:
Awesome shots, but wish you'd embed them instead of linking.

I like the 3rd the best. Nice.

Nice shots, what lens filter are you using?
A 6d
a 17-40 f4
and a Tiffen CP
also are all CPs equal or do you get what ya pay for?

A 6d
a 17-40 f4
and a Tiffen CP

I've heard different stories everything from the quality of the glass, to the amount of light transmission, to quality of the anti flare coatings. Having never owned a really expensive one, I can't attest to the legitimacy of the comments, and never found my less expensive models lacking enough to make me want to spend the money.

A 6d
a 17-40 f4
and a Tiffen CP

I really don't know much about filters, smoke665 probably said it better than I could've but I might add that from what I've read in reviews from owners of cheaper filters, some can either make everything too dark, blurry, give everything a brownish tint or a host of other problems. Just yesterday I was looking at a CPL filter off amazon for $32.99 for my Canon 70-200mm f/4L and the reviews looked pretty good, unlike most in it's price range so I took a deep breath and hit the purchase button. I'll be using it by tomorrow and hopefully, I'll be happy with it's performance. (@ it's price) "67mm Circular Polarizers Filter, K&F Concept 67MM Circular Polarizer Filter HD 18 Layer Super Slim" Word of mention, I've noticed that the Hoya brand is highly regarded above most but usually highly priced to match.

Last edited:
You can spend a bloody lot of money on filters. As I am not a professional photographer I can't justify the price. I have been buying "Gobe" brand filters which are not to expensive and seem to give a good result. Then again unless you capture an image using the cheaper filter and then immediately use a more expensive filter and compare the images you probably won't known the difference.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You can spend a bloody lot of money on filters. As I am not a professional photographer I can't justify the price. I have been buying "Gobe" brand filters which are not to expensive and seem to give a good result. Then again unless you capture an image using the cheaper filter and then immediately use a more expensive filter and compare the images you probably won't known the difference.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I would agree with that, that is probably true in a lot of cases when the differences hardly vary, *which would most likely make it a good lens for it's price but if it has a 'prominent' negative effect that jumps out at you, like making everything look brownish or way too dark it should be obvious at a glance that without a doubt, it's inferior.

You absolutely, 110% get what you pay for! Like a lot of things, the difference will be minimal in a majority of applications, however in circumstances such as shooting UWA, or into the sun, a B+W, Heliopan, or similar will show its worth compared to a $50 MiC piece of junk.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back