Blanchard Springs

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a small waterfall close to where I live.
Looking for advice on how I could have made this a better photo.
Thanks.
IMG_5922-1600x1129.jpg

More upper falls, less bottom or same bottom, more top.

I'm glad you posted that. I had no clue what to do in this situation. The top of the falls is right where the sun is at, well till sunset. The bottom of the falls is in DEEP shade. Completely blown out and I'm not sure if I exposed for the sky, that my 6D would have produced a usable result. I am about to purchase the LEE filter kit but I don't own any at this time.
How would you have handled this? The upper part is beautiful but always blown out at that time and I was not there at sunset.
Multiple exposures?
Filters?
How do I know how many shots to take if I take multiple?
Anyway, this place and the members are amazing!

I guess my best bet would be to come back at the right time of day lol..
What do you think would be best? Sunset or sunrise? The image above is facing about NE or about dead on East.

Last edited:
May be move the perspective up and to the right to get more of the waterfall?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Too much big, empty, black hole on the left side of the frame...the waterfall is the most exciting part of the scene, but somewhere around 15-20 percent of the prime space is of a somewhat uninteresting area. There's a LOT of cool stuff going on in the upper right quadrant...focusing in on that would have made for a more-exciting image I think. Perhaps a longer lens, with a narrower angle of view, would have helped.

IMG_5625-1600x834.jpg
I have
Bracket 3-5 exposures and use layer masks to blend the exposures into one.
tried that and .... Well.. I think it's something that takes practice. I will post a image that is pretty bad but maybe you can tell me what I did wrong.
I think I'm trying to blend exposures that are too far apart in exposure. But I don't know.
I tried to bring detail out in the shadow area and it just looks cartoonish and awful. About how many stops over and under do I need

Two great shots, the first one I would of cropped from the bottom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back