Close Range Webcam

14jchan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I am looking for a good webcam (maybe $10-$70 range) that can take good close-up pictures (obv. the cheaper the better). The webcams that I have all claim to be 1080p, but when I hold something up close, like and ID or credit card, the letters and numbers (especially the small print) get super blurry. Anyone have any good recommendations? It needs to be a USB webcam BTW.

Thanks!

I am looking for a good webcam (maybe $10-$70 range) that can take good close-up pictures (obv. the cheaper the better).
I have never seen a webcam optimized for closeups. They are designed for focal ranges no closer than the distance between a monitor top and the viewer's face.

I have never seen a webcam optimized for closeups. They are designed for focal ranges no closer than the distance between a monitor top and the viewer's face.
Try looking for digital microscopes.
One of those I have is a lower power (listed as 20-200x) handheld web-cam type that can actually focus across the room (when required) and also down to a fraction of an inch. Loads of options available Amazon.co.uk : Lab Handheld Digital Microscopes (no doubt also on Amazon.com, e-bay etc).

My other digital microscope is higher power model more like a traditional microscope & wouldn't suit the OP it saves direct to SD card.
At 1600x DOF is non existent I find even with focus stacking the high power objective is effectively useless

There is also the other option of simply adding a close up lens to your existing web-cam (or phone)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back