Blasting around the sky

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry I have not been around much but work has kept me very occupied recently. However, my wife and I just spent three days in Geneseo, New York at my favourite airshow. I spent a good portion of my time up in the sky where I belong photographing vintage aircraft and here are a few of the images.

Going vertical with the Canadian Harvard Aerobatic Team. What a blast and better then any amusement ride.
genCHAA4041.jpg

genCHAA_4052.jpg

This is a portrait photo of Keith Robb who has built enough time and experience to fly some of the Great War Flying Museum aircraft. To celebrate his first flight in the museum aircraft we did a early morning sortie.
genKeith4111.jpg

B-25 "Miss Hap" over Letchworth State Park. This aircraft was once General Hap Arnold's personal transport aircraft. I was strapped into the tail of an identical aircraft for the photo
genMissHap4144.jpg

A view from the rear of the photo B-25 during an airshow pass with full smoke.
gensmoke5815.jpg

A very British looking photo of a RAF Percival Provost trainer.
genProvost3984.jpg

Thats it for me, back to work :(

Thanks for looking,

Eric

i'm sure you are keenly aware of how freakin fortunate you are to have access to these type shots! these are no doubt...excellent!!!! i've missed seeing you around, glad to see you back!

JonMikal said:
i'm sure you are keenly aware of how freakin fortunate you are to have access to these type shots! these are no doubt...excellent!!!! i've missed seeing you around, glad to see you back!

Jon,

I can only say I'm living a childhood dream. I have been shooting aircraft for 33 years, I'm only 41, and have made many friends in the industry who like to work with me and trust me. All I can say to everyone is follow your dreams and work hard at them. This is not about money, strictly enjoyment and pleasure. For me hanging out the back of a vintage bomber or going vertical with aerobatic aircraft is pure pleasure.

I would also like to say I'm very saddened this week as there were several fatal airshow crashes on the weekend and community lost some people who will be dearly missed. I know they would want the show to go on and I celebrate their lives through these images.

Eric

genhvd4046.jpg

It's good to see someone living their dream, a real inspiration for the rest of us on the board. :thumbsup: Terrific images, taking the picture in the first one must have been quite the adrenaline rush.

John E. said:
It's good to see someone living their dream, a real inspiration for the rest of us on the board. :thumbsup: Terrific images, taking the picture in the first one must have been quite the adrenaline rush.

Oh ya! We pulled up to four Gs on some of the manoeuvres and trying to hold my arms and camera up so I could look through the viewfinder took all the strength I had.

Eric

Awesome AIRIC !!! I would not say your Lucky for having the PhotoOps that you have, Luck is out of the Question. Your Talent got you in that seat !!!

Great Photos !

AIRIC said:
I would also like to say I'm very saddened this week as there were several fatal airshow crashes on the weekend and community lost some people who will be dearly missed. I know they would want the show to go on and I celebrate their lives through these images.

Eric

Wow, those shots are beautiful. Shots like these not only allow the contributions of those people to be remembered for ever, but also serve to inspire the current and next generations. Thank you for sharing these Eric.

Jeff

I dont know what to say Eric, except these are brilliant as always. Awesome job!!!!!!

airic, awesome tribute to fellow fliers...great job on the pics...you get the experience, but we get the rewards...if not for you, i would never get to see what it looks like up there showing off for a crowd...i have gone to air shows my whole life...but never ever got to fly in one...till now...thanks!!

Those are awesome! I know your avatar has you in a plane, but I didn't know you did that alot! Cool!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back