Bliss - a Canal Bridge Landscape

pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this some time ago but my camera couldn't capture the entire dynamic range and I don't have ND grads yet. However, I recently discovered the wonders of shadow/highlight in Photoshop and was able to save it: :D

DSC_0523_edit.jpg

(Flickr link): http://flickr.com/photos/ozga/2552306970/

I know the lens flare is an issue but overall I like the shot. Any CC would be much appreciated.

This would have been an ideal candidate for an HDR merge. It's a nicely composed capture and I really like the way the bridge leads you into the picture. The colours however are a bit flat. There isn't much you can do about that however given that you're shooting directly into the sun. You might want to try some levels adjustments and perhaps a saturation tweak too. A two stop grad ND would have really made this photo pop. Do a re-shoot when you get them!

Thanks for the reply. It would indeed be a great candidate for HDR, but I don't have a tripod yet.

When you say an ND grad would have made it better... I don't seem to understand what the point of them is anymore now that I have discovered shadow/highlight in PS... does it just give a different effect or what?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back