Blondes rule!

E-jeezy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious as to what a different group than my friends think about my photo's. All pics taken with the nikkor 50mm 1.8 natural light ;)

2l95bvr.jpg

e6ahkp.jpg

33ndoj5.jpg

cant get a good feeling for these, maybe if you posted a dozen or so others

Lol def not self portraits, this is just my friend we got bored and had a photoshoot...I have more that I can post in a little bit...

In photo #1 her left leg and foot looks weird. It also looks like she is posing in front of an attic which does nothing for me. #3 there are parts that are under exposed (her arms) and parts of her shirt are blown out. Just my personal opinion and I'm a newbie so taken my CC for what it's worth! Keep Shooting!

Here's some more if anyone's interested...

vfjde8.jpg

33tnm6e.jpg

2eun3b4.jpg

298yrn.jpg

Have you ever tried changing your ISO? It's pretty cool, there are other ISOs other than 800, and the lower ones will give you better image quality. :thumbup:

In addition to that, I noticed a lot of your shots were shot at a small aperture. I don't know why you chose to do that either, it really just kind of defies logic. Especially for portraiture, as you'd want your lens to be optically prime. You also didn't use natural light on all of them, there was at least one where the flash was fired.

#2 & 4 were shot with an external strobe. I was shooting wide open for the clothed photos, and I moved up to like f/11 for the bikini shots because they were way over exposed with anything less

Loving #2. Nice friend you have there! ;)

By the way, whats going on with her belly? Is it held together with screws or something?!

Loving #2. Nice friend you have there! ;)

By the way, whats going on with her belly? Is it held together with screws or something?!

They look like microdermal implants - a type of piercing.

I like #2 and #7 best.
I think you have some room for improvement as mentioned already, but you have some great subject matter to work with!

Thanks, Ralph

#2 & 4 were shot with an external strobe. I was shooting wide open for the clothed photos, and I moved up to like f/11 for the bikini shots because they were way over exposed with anything less

They were probably over exposed because you were shooting on ISO 800, just like I told you before. And no, you haven't posted any shots where you were shooting wide open. There's shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. Those 3 things control your exposure. It sounds like you should read though your manual again... Maybe "Understanding Exposure" too.

lol, I didn't even notice the belly jewelery :D

O Hey Tyler is correct and you should listen to his advice. It's clear you need to learn more of the exposure triangle. Lower ISO+wider aperture = faster shutter speed to get same exposure.

BTW #7 would be a lot, a LOT better if she was looking at us into the lens!

I don't like the skin tones in #1 and #6. She looks like an Umpa Lumpa.

Most reactions

Back