3685722399_d881ec9f3a_b.jpg

Model: E-510
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 150mm
Flash Used: No
3685722403_d7b89fdb0f_b.jpg

Hi Threesia, they are not bad though I don't know why no one has posted anything, sometimes its the way it goes. IMO I quite like the second image.

Thank you. I guess they just don't speak to anyone. That's truly just the way it goes. ;)

I just showed these pictures to my husband and he said that even though they are very clear shots, something is wrong with the color. At this time of the year they may have a bluish tinge to their feathers, but the bill should be a pale yellow, not green.

First one looks like he's going to eat me. :lol:

Seem like kind of odd compositions for duck shots... REALLY close... more so than I would expect, odd totally downwards angle, and the whole eating thing. :lol:

Dunno. I am not a nature photographer, nor do I play one on TV. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

I just showed these pictures to my husband and he said that even though they are very clear shots, something is wrong with the color. At this time of the year they may have a bluish tinge to their feathers, but the bill should be a pale yellow, not green.

Hmm, I have a whole series of this duck and others from the same day and that's just the color of its bill. The only one with a yellow bill was a solid white one.

Here's a few more ... Not my favorites but ...

3691724947_3838dc2586_o.jpg

3691747787_b92ff0faa6_o.jpg

3692538736_1a7e2abd74_o.jpg

First one looks like he's going to eat me. :lol:

Seem like kind of odd compositions for duck shots... REALLY close... more so than I would expect, odd totally downwards angle, and the whole eating thing. :lol:

Dunno. I am not a nature photographer, nor do I play one on TV. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

Well, you're right. It was really close and it was a downward angle and it was eating. haha My husband was tossing them crickets and every time I tried to move to lay down in front of them they would freak out. So I just got what I could. I'm still learning so I just give it my best effort and hope to learn from what I get.

The park we hang out at has a ton of ducks and a lot of Male mallards but there are only a handful with a blue head like that. I've googled photos of male mallards and you can find some blue ones there. Though I have to say that depending on the light some their cheeks reflect green. I don't know what caused it or if they will continue to change until they turn green. All I know is that's what they looked like on July 3, 2009. haha;)

Anyway, Thanks for looking and for your comments.

The first one is scary lol :p, I like all of them, but they need little more post-processing in my opinion.

Thanks.

They've all had very little PP. I'm still learning about all that. I'm always afraid that I'm taking it to far.

Any tips on what I might try to make them a little better?

The first one is scary lol :p, I like all of them, but they need little more post-processing in my opinion.

Thanks.

They've all had very little PP. I'm still learning about all that. I'm always afraid that I'm taking it to far.

Any tips on what I might try to make them a little better?
For me, I would increase JUST a LITTLE saturation and bump up the contrast on most of your pictures, but that's just me :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back