Blue - Winged Teal and Great Egret

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:
How did you process these? They look like they have been oversharpened to the point where even the water is crinkly.

$shadow.jpg

Can you post the originals? They look like some nice shots... but the processing kills them!

like the last one best. Would have like a little more foreground, a little less left side.. But without a doubt. beautiful

I cant tell what I was doing n my wife laptop windows 8 and ViewNX2 Had all kind of trouble so Just took a Gamble.

I cant tell what I was doing n my wife laptop windows 8 and ViewNX2 Had all kind of trouble so Just took a Gamble.

lol! Ok... that sounds like a mess! :)

First one is a Mallard. This is a Blue-Winged Teal:
2013-04-14-08.jpg

The others are definitely a Great Egret. The Snowy Egret has yellow feet (and the only reason I know that is because I had to look it up yesterday).

Thanks Scott. I took a guess at the Blue winged Since the mallards I looked at didn't look the same.

Egrets, I've shot a few. But then again, too few to mention.:D

I'm digging number one with all the textures and the lone puffy feather.

Thanks Scott. I took a guess at the Blue winged Since the mallards I looked at didn't look the same.

That's actually a drake Mallard. They molt in the spring and throughout the summer months they look very similar to the hen Mallards. The place I used to work had a lake around the building and we always had Mallards hanging around. I've watched them year round and they are actually quite interesting critters.

Most reactions

Back