Blurb

hart0710

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone ever use Blurb to create photo books? Just wondering if they were any good or if you can recommend a good one. Thanks.

The problem with the Blurb concept is that you are not only writing/creating the book, you are also doing everything related to publishing it as well. That means editing, layout, page design, headers, footers, etc. The photos need to be adjusted to 300 d.p.i. with the right pixel length and width to fit in the software box for the page. Good colour, contrast, punch, and detail need to be consistant throughout the photos in the book. Experience in print media is very helpful and one needs to remember that the slightest mistake will show up rather glaringly in the book.

So what I am suggesting is that you would probably need to spend money on a few photo books until you learned what mistakes to avoid and was happy with the result.

skieur

I recently tried MPIX.com to make a book style photoalbum for my parents. It was fast, painless and easy with their free downloadable software. Man, do they ever ship *fast*!

Use high resolution JPG images and you should have no issues.

I have used Blurb and am very satisfied. Their booksmart software is pretty slick and you have almost complete control (within their templates...which is quite customizable). Print quality is good and the price is reasonable. Quick delivery as well (to the UK). Their wrap-around covers aren't the best though as they're cut for a range of sizes. My book was really thin so the wraparound was a bit loose for the book.

Most reactions

Back