BMX from this weekend

Fender5388

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shots I took this weekend.
These were shot with a nikon d90,50mm 1.8
and two vivitar 285hv's fired with cybersyncs.

comments welcome

6785277571_ec6466354e_z.jpg

6785276447_b5ef5dbd94_z.jpg

6785273743_a2ba893abc_z.jpg

6785269775_e963f98704_z.jpg

i would say get tighter, they seem a lil loose.

I like the fact there is some background in the pics, it adds to the shot, I probably crop too close half the time in my sports shots ;) The only thing I might say, is that the guy in the second pic has disappeared b/c of his dark hoody and the dark b/g, but I really like the colours and lighting in these, think the last one is probably my favourite :)

Tighter crop, maybe 25% or 10% if you want to keep it loose.

1. crop to a 8x10, too much negative space at the bottom.
2. no a fan of this comp
3. Not a good capture... looks like he just caught a barspin and is leaning way too far back.
4. best of the group but I would still tighten it up a bit.

nice work overall.

I like the fact there is some background in the pics, it adds to the shot, I probably crop too close half the time in my sports shots ;) The only thing I might say, is that the guy in the second pic has disappeared b/c of his dark hoody and the dark b/g, but I really like the colours and lighting in these, think the last one is probably my favourite :)

yea the black hoodie gave me issues but i wasn't gonna tell him to take it off, i tried my best to separate him from the black bg though.

Tighter crop, maybe 25% or 10% if you want to keep it loose.

1. crop to a 8x10, too much negative space at the bottom.
2. no a fan of this comp
3. Not a good capture... looks like he just caught a barspin and is leaning way too far back.
4. best of the group but I would still tighten it up a bit.

nice work overall.

1. i agree, i'll probably adjust it.
2. i rather enjoyed this one overall.
3. the timing is good, he's icepick stalling the log, kind of at a weird angle so i can see how you thought that.
4. actually my least favorite out of these. will probably tighten it up to get rid of the sky.

thanks for the comment!

i kinda agrew tith getting in closer. i like that your able to tell what's going on because you got the whole area. just seems that there a little small.

i would say get tighter, they seem a lil loose.
I disagree. what most people who do not shoot action sports do not realize is your compostion needs to show your foreground and back ground. So many people on here are always saying tight crops on this kind of stuff. but then you wouldnt be able to tell where the person came from, where the persons going, or how big the object the person is doing the trick on.

Most reactions

Back