BMX night trials

Goldeeno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
goldeeno.zoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well went out riding with a few mates last night, and took the camera.
Im looking for some help and advice.
I'll admit i didnt try many different settings.. dunno why. But just cranked the ISO to max, and then shot shutter of around 125. I like the shots just feel there lacking in some way... any help?

IMG_0374e.jpg

IMG_0362e.jpg

Cheers

Yeah, cause the lighting is boring, and the fact that you only frame the bike stunts, not the background.

On camera flash? What sets the other such shots apart is that the flash is often mounted on a tripod somewhere and triggered wirelessly.

If you don't have a flash like that your other option would be to shoot during the day. Maybe experiment with slow-syncing?

Try getting on the other side of him so you can see more of his face

Experiment with off camera flash. You don't even need to buy an expensive wireless system. You can start out with a pc sync cord. Cord, hot shoe adapter for camera, hot shoe adapter for flash (if you don't have a flash with a pc plug) shouldn't cost you more then $30. Check out www.flashzebra.com I know the owner from another forum. He builds custom cords for w/e you need but he has everything on the site that you need. Send him an e-mail and he will be mroe then happy to help.

The backgrounds are also nothing fancy

#1 is an ass shot. no good. same with #2, but its alot better since you can see his face.. lightings good. and theres 1 little hotspot on rear rim. just a little nitpic. overall nice shot.

itd be cool if u had a flash on a tripod off to the side, thats usually what action sports photographers do.

I think #2 is a great shot but I do agree with the rest on the directional light issue. You need to have light coming from the side or just somewhere besides the top of your camera.

Most reactions

Back