Boardwark at Sunset, Thanksgiving 2013

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The boardwalk is in Long Beach, Long Island, NY. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner in a hotel on the boardwalk, with a view of the sunset through our window. I originally had this as a color shot, and only a few minutes ago, and seven years late, saw it as a black and white. Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12.

2C0249B7-9B61-4301-8895-E6FB1D573444.jpeg

Good lead in lines and the conversion works well, giving that autumnal feel.

The boardwalk is in Long Beach, Long Island, NY. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner in a hotel on the boardwalk, with a view of the sunset through our window. I originally had this as a color shot, and only a few minutes ago, and seven years late, saw it as a black and white. Taken with my Canon PowerShot G12.

View attachment 195640
Thank you!

Well composed, great lines and contrast. I love the vanishing point the eye is drawn to. Great shot.

I am starting to think it is my monitor and calibration, but I can see a bit of a halo around the buildings, but nothing serious. I need to get some of my recent work printed, so I can compare with my monitor. I trust prints, regardless of hardware calibration.

Only little thing I see is it needs some minor straightening. You have a nice shot with the edit. Definitely can see this one hanging on a wall, sir!

I am starting to think it is my monitor and calibration, but I can see a bit of a halo around the buildings, but nothing serious. I need to get some of my recent work printed, so I can compare with my monitor. I trust prints, regardless of hardware calibration.

Only little thing I see is it needs some minor straightening. You have a nice shot with the edit. Definitely can see this one hanging on a wall, sir!

Thanks, guys! I tried to correct both issues. I'm not sure if I saw the same halo effect, but I did discover a white line at the top of two buildings which I tried to get rid of.

After

A4B37628-4A75-4FD4-B943-D4C889640ABE_1_201_a.jpeg

Before

2C0249B7-9B61-4301-8895-E6FB1D573444.jpeg

Great shot! The boardwalk lights and the wooden deck are really drawing me into the image. Makes me want to see whats at the end.

Great shot! The boardwalk lights and the wooden deck are really drawing me into the image. Makes me want to see whats at the end.
Thanks so much. The whole boardwalk had to be rebuilt after Hurricane Sandy.

Most everything has been said so I'll just say, well done, great shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back