Boat-HDR

photonuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello every, I am new in this forum and here is my first post. I hope is in the right topic:er:

Those were my first HDR I took back in 2008. I took them with my Nikon D300 with bracketing (7 frame and 0.33 ) ISO 200 f/11 1s

hdr_richmond_boat_01.jpg

hdr_richmond_boat_02.jpg

hdr_richmond_boat_03.jpg

I am looking forward to heard from you for advise!!

Great shots. I like the #1 and #3 photos. Very nice touch to it and the angle is great. Bravo!!

Welcome to the forum.

I love them. I especially like #1, just one thing (though I totally deserve to be shot for saying this about an HDR...I think)...I think the deck of the boat came-out just a little too bright for my taste. I feel it's an odd place for my eye to focus, and that this image really benefits from the overall feel it gives.

Here's what I mean (some very quick burning of highlights in PS at 35% exposure, low strength):
hdr_richmond_boat_01_edit.jpg

In any case, these shots are freaking fantastic. I've learnt a bit myself just by looking at them and noting the settings you took them at. So, thanks! *tips hat*

Last edited:
I love them. I especially like #1, just one thing (though I totally deserve it for saying this about an HDR...I think)...I think the deck of the boat came-out just a little too bright for my taste. I feel it's an odd place for my eye to focus, and that this image really benefits from the overall feel it gives.

Here's what I mean (some very quick burning of highlights in PS at 35% exposure, low strength):

In any case, these shots are freaking fantastic. I've learnt a bit myself just by looking at them and noting the settings you took them at. So, thanks! *tips hat*

Oh Yes!! I know something is not right !! I just don't know what is it ! I know now :lol:

Thanks a lot musicaleCA !! :thumbup::thumbup:

No worries! Sometimes it just takes another person to see it from a different perspective. I'm curious to know just where you took those shots. I'm actually at UBC right now, hence the curiosity.

Edit: Oh, and by "deserve it" in brackets, I meant to be shot. Removing highlights from an image that was made to have a wider dynamic range can seem just a little crazy at first.

No worries! Sometimes it just takes another person to see it from a different perspective. I'm curious to know just where you took those shots. I'm actually at UBC right now, hence the curiosity.

Edit: Oh, and by "deserve it" in brackets, I meant to be shot. Removing highlights from an image that was made to have a wider dynamic range can seem just a little crazy at first.

I took those shots at about 15300-15900 River Road in Richmond ( No house in between ) It will be on your left hand side while you driving from 15000 River road. You will need a low tide to climb down. Good luck ;)

Yoikes! Maybe not. That's far too out of my way by bus. :p

Hey, welcome to the forum :)
The last one is stunning! Love the composition and the atmosphere ;).

I advice you to use an ISO of 100 for HDR, otherwise you could get lots of noise

Hey, welcome to the forum :)
The last one is stunning! Love the composition and the atmosphere ;).

I advice you to use an ISO of 100 for HDR, otherwise you could get lots of noise

Thanks for the comment ! I will try ISO 100 (Lo 1 in my camera) next time when I shoot HDR :sexywink:

The composition is well executed. I like it.

Usually I approve HDR but this time it really looks plastic. I think the tone mapping was to aggressive here.

Photo #3 is not posted anymore. Anyway, between photo #1 and #2, I liked the first one better. The shot was well-composed and it has a nice overall feel into it. Maybe it could have been better if the white thing in the right bottom part is cloned out. Thanks for sharing, BTW.

Cheers!

Captain Kimo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back