Boats

You should have straightened these. All of the boats look crooked! ;);)

These are nice. #3 and #4 are both really cool.

Just one little nitpick... That one little spot of flourescent green and yellow hats in #3 were the second thing I looked at in the shot. It wouldn't hurt to burn those a little, or just change their color.

thanks for the comments :)
There was alot of wind that day and some of the boats even went further then the angles in the pics (only for a brief moment though). Was just crazy. But fun to watch......................and i bet there is at least one L-lens that would get you on a boat, im sure of it.
I shoot these with my Canon EOS 350D, with a Tamron 70-300 on it.

Fabulous shots that really show both the power and the grace of this sport - and yes there is a piece of 'L' Glass that would get him out there on a boat - just mention -500 - f4 or 2 kilo's of Silica gel - again great images I am in awe of these.

awesome shots daan. #3 is intense... that shot just puts the exclamation mark on the whole series for me. I was lucky enough to see one of these races while in san francisco last month, but your vantage point is awesome. mine are all at a 90 degree angle to the boats from the shoreline... :thumbup:

You've captured the angles in pic.3 beautifully. All the yachts at the same angle. All the shots are very sharp. Have you cropped any of them?

thanks.
All of them are cropped. One more then the other. Sometimes to remove something from the backrground, sometimes to get the subject out of the middle of the frame.....etc etc :)

Most reactions

Back