Body Suggestion

Pretty damn good price for still one of the top sensors on the market:

upload_2019-1-30_10-56-11.png

worse case, you buy it and return it.

First thing I would do is look at the sensor for oil, if it had any I'd start the repair process and get a new shutter installed.

I went ahead and bought the camera at $489

Like you said, if I see the actuation count is ridiculous, I'll return it within the 30 day return period and if the sensor is screwed, I'll have Nikon replace it. I appreciate the help

Like you said, if I see the actuation count is ridiculous, I'll return it within the 30 day return period and if the sensor is screwed, I'll have Nikon replace it. I appreciate the help

Nikon doesn't reset the actuation counter if the shutter is replaced, just so you know.

Nikon doesn't reset the actuation counter if the shutter is replaced, just so you know.

Right. I'm kind of hoping I need to have the shutter replaced but I'm guessing it won't have the oil splatter problem.

I buy from mpb quite a bit and have been totally satisfied. They have 2 D600's with low shutter count for 500-600.
Search - mpb.com

Sooo I guess I'm reading this right

I received the camera a few minutes ago, snapped a photo, uploaded it to a shutter count site and the result from CameraShutterCount.com says "1355649"
Does that really say 1,355,649 clicks??:aiwebs_016:

And not surprising, the shutter sticks so bad, I can barely use the camera

Also unfortunately the sensor is completely free of oil splatter

Last edited:
Oh wow. That's a lot haha

that's impossible.

can you post a link to an image, the image count is within the EXIF.

You would honestly be like the only person with an oil free sensor too -- do a white wall shot at f/16.

that's impossible.

You would honestly be like the only person with an oil free sensor too -- do a white wall shot at f/16.

Photo by rryanrichmond

I've checked it on 2 different sites. They both say it's 1.3M clicks

Last edited:
that's impossible.

Photo by rryanrichmond

I've checked it on 2 different sites. They both say it's 1.3M clicks

Nikon rates shutter life at about 250,000. That's why 1.3M clicks seems so far fetched, so your camera may hold the world record for actuations. I would send it back. I have 2 used bodies I bought at my local camera shop who thoroughly checks them and puts the number of actuations on a tag on the camera and has a no questions asked 30 day return policy.

I have to believe it's been worked on at SOME point but Nikon has no record and neither does Adorama.
And with the shutter sticking as bad as it currently is, I'm just not very confident in this camera

that's crazy, the EXIF really shows that.

maybe it was showroom model? have them swap it with a different one and try again. surprised they rated it at E- with that many shutter clicks, does it actually look almost new otherwise?

that's crazy, the EXIF really shows that.

maybe it was showroom model? have them swap it with a different one and try again. surprised they rated it at E- with that many shutter clicks, does it actually look almost new otherwise?

The body looks great! I was surprised it had that many clicks on it.

Send it back and keep shopping. There's no advantage to owning the only camera Nikon pulled off the market for defects. Never mind free shutter transplants, a knock-down initial price and long camera-less waits for Nikon to decide to fix it. It's no bargain if it's not in your hands and working.

Wow, that seems impossible to have a decent looking body with that many clicks - even a showroom model. You'd think the shutter button would be worn thin, all the texture on the body worn smooth. Crazy. Maybe somebody had it mounted on a tripod and constantly shot bursts. Or shot only video - what does that do to the shutter count? Interesting to follow along with the story!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back