Bogen head help

jkernitzki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cross-posted from another photography thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=395051 for pix):

I just got a set of used Bogen 3221/Manfrotto 055B legs (that came with a 3063 head, not my first choice) for my Canon xT/350D.

I have some questions:

The head is actually labeled 3160, but that isn't a valid head model number, and the 3063 visually seems to be a match. Which one is this really, and what's with the numeric discrepancy?

It's missing the quick release plate, but the one listed as a replacement (3159) is the hexagonal ,whereas this seems to take a rectangular plate. Which is the correct QR plate for this?

Maybe most importantly, I know that this is a video head by design, and I was looking at something more suited for it. I really like the 322RC2, but how does that hold up with longer lenses? Is there another head more suitable? I'm looking for general use, most anything except sports/action. As far as the glass it has to support, the largest I have now is a 70-200 f/4L, and don't anticipate the need (or budget) for anything significantly longer/heavier--but you never know.

showthread.php

I've got the 322rc2 along with a 70-200mm f/2.8 sigma and it holds up well; no shake and it's very stable. I have a 3021Bpro and the combination reports to support 11 lbs. Not sure what exactly you have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back