What's new

Bokeh on a centipede?

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
332
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SO i guess I may have a bug problem. I got my reverse ring in for my 50mm and started looking for bugs to photo in my house. I found plenty in my finished basement. My wife said she cant believe she has to compete with bugs now. I guess im going to have to buy an external flash now. These are my first pics of this sort. I used extension tubes as well.

4099021639_aa4ba575b8.jpg


This dude bit me pretty good. Didnt hurt but scared the sh*t our of me.

4099020047_055aeed6a2.jpg


I caught this dude flying in the park. I was pleased with the eyes.

4098869195_13189dafe3.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/4099020047_055aeed6a2.jpg
 
None of them are really in clear focus or sharp. Especially number 2. 3 is the best just because it's clearer than the rest and has some more detail. I say just keep practicing maybe get a macro lens if you really like this kind of shooting and have fun.
tj
 
Depth of field and light are the biggest problems with Macro, especially with tubes and lens reversal, stop down the lens (F8 F11 F16) and focus 1/3 in to the subject, use flash. H
 
I am getting very interested in this type of photography real quick. What kind of lens would you reccomend for this for a Canon XS?

Also, when I reverse my lens my F is F00. I can not manipulate the F stop at all when the lens is reversed. That is why I only have a small window of focus. How do I change the F when in reverse?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom