Book & Website Images; writer, yoga instructor...

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a recent shoot for Angel who is a writer and yoga instructors. The images are intended primarily for her website, and potentially as book jacket images, etc. The brief was to create images which portrayed her as contemplative, engaging, and fun. As always, comments, critique and suggestions appreciated!

Kibble%20(1).jpg

Kibble%20(2).jpg

Kibble%20(3).jpg

Kibble-(4).jpg

Last edited:
Good pics. Shots1,3,and 4 are my faves. I think you fulfilled the goal of the brief.

Great set overall. While there isn't a thing wrong with #1 IMO it doesn't fit well with the subject, maybe it's a setting better suited to a younger subject. That's strictly a personal vibe and may be completely off base. #2 I love, especially with the pano crop. Great concept well executed. #3 is also great and fits well with the fun loving part of the objective. #4 screams writer. Great pose, relaxed and engaging with the viewer. My only negative would be that overall it's seems a tad flat.

Last edited:
Great set overall. While there isn't a thing wrong with #1 IMO it doesn't fit well with the subject, maybe it's a setting better suited to a younger subject. That's strictly a personal vibe and may be completely off base. #2 I love, especially with the pano crop. Great concept well executed. #3 is also great and fits well with the fun loving part of the objective. #4 screams writer. Great pose, relaxed and engaging with the viewer. My only negative would be that overall it's seems a tad flat.
Thanks Smoke - fair comment regarding #1; the books she writes are self-help type books (Think "Chicken Soup for the Soul" but for people suffering with PTSD and other operational stress injuries. My vision for that particular group of images (about 4 different poses, same field) was for illustration on the pages dealing with peace & tranquility. The CD liked the idea, whether she uses any or not... we'll see.

Great set, I especially like #2 because it’s perfect timing with the water splashing on the rocks on the left side

Nice. I like the the first one quite a bit. These are a pleasant change from your usual posed, formal, indoor military portraits.

Thanks Sharon - apparently I'm not a one trick pony! ;) Actually, I do a lot of work like this, but rarely post/share client work.

Thanks - not going to lie, that was pure bulls*** luck and nothing more!

Noooooo!!!! Say it isn't so John. I just automatically assumed being the professional that you are, that prior to the shoot you had consulted the weather for the right mood, the Tide and Currents tables for the day so as to estimate the frequency and intensity of the waves to time the shot perfectly, The Photographer's Ephemeris to adjust for time of day and direction of light, and maybe something like Sky Candy for an estimation of the sky color. All this time I've been trying to emulate you, and now you tell me it's just "Bulls*** Luck"?????? I'm devastated!!!!! :biglaugh:

Others have said it all
Brill photos that suit the requirements , not sure #2 would sit well as a book cover I would more aim for office wall
Print big, 1mtr wide and have on the wall behind the reception desk
A visual, here I am as a writer relaxing

Noooooo!!!! Say it isn't so John. I just automatically assumed being the professional that you are, that prior to the shoot you had consulted the weather for the right mood, the Tide and Currents tables for the day so as to estimate the frequency and intensity of the waves to time the shot perfectly, The Photographer's Ephemeris to adjust for time of day and direction of light, and maybe something like Sky Candy for an estimation of the sky color. All this time I've been trying to emulate you, and now you tell me it's just "Bulls*** Luck"?????? I'm devastated!!!!! :biglaugh:
:lol: Sorry...

Others have said it all
Brill photos that suit the requirements , not sure #2 would sit well as a book cover I would more aim for office wall
Print big, 1mtr wide and have on the wall behind the reception desk
A visual, here I am as a writer relaxing
Thanks! #2 is actually cropped for use as a web-page header image, but it would also make a good banner to use at signings, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back