books online, what do you recommend

mike134

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought a ebook, advanced photography of Langford, its great, reading gives you knowledg and I love that, I have been learning a lot with this book, but tell me what books do you love to read?

heres the book that I got you might what to take a look, and tell me if is good, because I love it heheeheh :lol:, give me your opinion
Advanced Photography 7th Edition - Download Photographic Techniques

Frankly their cover image is substantially less than stellar, so I didn't bother downloading the book so I could do a review.

I much prefer books I can hold and that are more targeted, though I have an extensive favorites list of technical information and tutorials:

Understanding Exposure and Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Peterson.

Photoshop books by Scott Kelby

Light: Science and Magic by Hunter, Biver and Faqua

The Nikon Creative Lighting System by Mike Hagen

Best Business Practices for Photographers by John Harrington

Business and Legal Forms for Photographers by Tad Crawford.

Last edited:
I much prefer books I can hold though I have an extensive favorites list of technical articals and tutorials:

Understanding Exposure and Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Peterson.

+1 for Understanding Exposure. I'm just nearing the end of it. I'll probably pick up Learning to See Creatively sometime this summer.

i've been shooting for 5+ years and still consider myself at a very beginner skill level. so i decided to pick up Understanding Exposure and Nikon D90 Digital Field Guide. I'm not even half way through Understanding Exposure but it's already helped me quite a bit in looking at things in a different (better) way, and the Field Guide has helped me execute the things i've learned in Understanding Exposure.

+ 1 on Understanding Exposure. Written and illustrated so even a dopey truck driver like me can understand!:lmao::D
Hey, don't denegrate truck drivers or yourself like that. ;) There's a lot of smart truck drivers out there, including you. You got Bryans book after all.

I used to drive OTR, (CFI). Made more money selling stock photography than I did driving the truck, but driving the truck got me around so I could make the stock images.

Most reactions

Back