Books or Websites?

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
Any books or websites you'd recommend for semi-amatuers? I'd love to read anything I can get my hands on, and recommendations from photographers are always the best.

Thanks ;)

When I first got interested in photography in 2000, it was in the middle of an unusually cold winter. So there I was with a brand new camera and unable to get out and about with it. So I read books, trying to learn about photography. Guess I read about 15 in all. By far the best was "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. If you learn best from reading (like I do), I recommend this book without reservation. There's a new version available now in most bookstores that includes digital photography.

A really good photography book I have read is this one. It's a big and expensive book, but it covers pretty much everything about photography, from shooting to developing to printing with 35mm, medium format, large format, and digital cameras. It's really comprehensive and easy to understand, with visual examples from both the writers and real artists to illustrate almost everything taught in the book. This is definately the book I reccomend for a beginner or even an intermediate photographer. The latest version of the book is the eighth edition.

Learning to see creatively - Bryan Peterson
Understanding Exposure - Bryan Peterson

Be a regular visitor at your local library. You will know what to read.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back