Books?!

dcmoody23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, know I've been starting a few too many threads lately, but I have a big purchase coming and want to make the right choices!

What would you guys recommend for books? I want a book for Photoshop CS5, one for CSS editing (or web design in general, something I can use for my smugmug), and maybe a book on composing photographs, but because I'm so narrow minded when it comes to creativity and such I don't know if I could ever follow through with that last one :p (I know all I post here is landscape stuff, but I'm planning to launch some other stuff when I redesign my smugmug!)

Thanks!

Did you know, TPF has a search feature.

CS5 comes with a couple other applications: Camera RAW and Bridge. So to learn to use CS5 you really need 5 books.
  1. Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers by Martin Evening
  2. The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby
  3. The DAM Book by Peter Krogh
  4. Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5 by Jeff Schewe and Bruce Frazer
  5. Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom also by Jeff Schewe and Bruce Frazer.
A NAPP membership is also very handy. With all the member discounts, perks, discounts on Scott Kelby's books and training materials, it's easy to save the yearly fee of $99.

For learning about how to code CSS: Cascading Style Sheets: Designing for the Web (3rd Edition) by Håkon Wium Lie and Bert Bos. You might also want to learn about DOM Scripting

For composition I recommend 2 books:
  1. The Photographers Eye by Michael Freeman
  2. Picture This by Molly Bang

Did you know, TPF has a search feature.
I did, but I have a hard time getting useful information from it on topics like these because things become obsolete so fast in the technology world.
That and I like getting a personalized answer.

However I totally agree it's somewhat unnecessary and I myself get bothered at posts like "help shooting night sports" (guilty as charged) when there's a new thread like that every week.

So my bad. But thanks for the information.
I was told to stay away from the Scott Kelby books because he gets some information second hand and is a technie and not a photog
But i've never read any of his stuff so I have no idea on the truth to that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back