Books...

AmandaElizabeth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for some more books to read on photography and such. I'm currently in the middle of Digital Photography Composition for Dummies. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. Anything by Scott Kelby.

Go to your local library and see if they have anything.

Looking for books i can download or buy to own instead of having to return them... like to be able to go back and re-read certain parts if I'm having troubles. but thank you though

Kelby's Digital Photography 1-4
Excellent set of books to help you get going.

The User Manual for your camera. Read it, then re-read it so you can understand the operation of your gear. It can solve a world of problems if you just know how to use the gear. Besides it came free with your camera and you get to keep it.

Last edited:
Are you planning on staying with your point and shoot camera or are you going to go to a dslr? That might make a difference in the books that members recommend for you.

I'm moving to a DSLR in the next few months as long as i've got the cash but for now just trying to get practice in with the point and shoot before hand.

John Hedgecoe's books are very good and quite accessible.

You'll learn way more by studying photographs than you ever will by studying photography; pay special attention to images and photographers you *don't* like, and ask yourself what it about these images that make them artistically important.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As you can see, there is a wide variety of books out there. Cruse Amazon.com.

Plus, you can always buy your own copy of any books your local library has that you find useful.

I visit my local library weekly, and check out a variety of materials, related to a variety of topics.

A nice book to have is Bryan Petersons Understanding Photography field guide. It's a smaller spiral bound book that will fit in a camera bag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back