What's new

Bored Animal Pics

TheNevadanStig

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 18, 2014
Messages
693
Reaction score
597
Location
Reno, NV
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found myself very bore today so picked up the camera again. The cats are easy, the dog not so much. He refuses to look at me if I have my camera in hand for some reason :grumpy:



12642890523_816bf9b0b2_o.jpg
[/URL] Toonces219-2 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr[/IMG]


12643257064_a31c4d179e_o.jpg
[/URL] Toonces-219-1 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr[/IMG]


12642757085_f29d55e71f_o.jpg
[/URL] Jonesy219-1 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr[/IMG]


The on to the dog park. I know I was over concerned with catching my shadow and shot the dog too high up (at least I think that now):

12642902013_da771d27fa_o.jpg
[/URL] Rascal-2 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr[/IMG]

12642880313_25a01c083b_o.jpg
[/URL] Rascal-4 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
ok some have good focus but overall boring like any other photo anyone would take really in saying that number 4 sort of looks ok :-) just my opinion
 
ok some have good focus but overall boring like any other photo anyone would take really in saying that number 4 sort of looks ok :-) just my opinion

Seriously? That's the only comment you could come up with? Really not called for. But, that's just my opinion.

OP, nice pictures. Try a squeaky toy for the dog. Held just above your lens. Sometimes helps.
 
ok some have good focus but overall boring like any other photo anyone would take really in saying that number 4 sort of looks ok :-) just my opinion

Seriously? That's the only comment you could come up with? Really not called for. But, that's just my opinion.

OP, nice pictures. Try a squeaky toy for the dog. Held just above your lens. Sometimes helps.


Seriously you said less than i did about his photos, just my opinion. :-P lol
 
ok some have good focus but overall boring like any other photo anyone would take really in saying that number 4 sort of looks ok :-) just my opinion

Seriously? That's the only comment you could come up with? Really not called for. But, that's just my opinion.

OP, nice pictures. Try a squeaky toy for the dog. Held just above your lens. Sometimes helps.


Seriously you said less than i did about his photos, just my opinion. :-P lol

It was about what you said, not how much you said. Your comment was just rude. But then, why am I surprised.
 
The OP is new here in 2014 with a post count of 8 no need to be rude. As far as I know, TPF is a friendly forum and welcomes new posters. I like animal pictures regardless if there spectacular or common snaps. Nice cats and dog pics keep shooting and posting. I recommend reading about composition rule of thirds. This can improve overall impact of photos.Hers is one you can start with. http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/rule-of-thirds.htm
 
Last edited:
Seriously? That's the only comment you could come up with? Really not called for. But, that's just my opinion.

OP, nice pictures. Try a squeaky toy for the dog. Held just above your lens. Sometimes helps.


Seriously you said less than i did about his photos, just my opinion. :-P lol

It was about what you said, not how much you said. Your comment was just rude. But then, why am I surprised.

How could telling the truth be rude? i never said they are bad photo's been boring is a common problem i even have that same problem with a lot of my own photos, if someone told me
a photo was boring and common i wouldn't take it to heart maybe you would, maybe the OP didn't take what i said to heart and i hope they didn't because it was just one opinion. im not the sort of guy to keep my mouth shut when i talk i try to say what im thinking or why even speak.
 
No harm done. I put them up here for criticism simply because that's what I WANTED. I am completely new to this and honestly don't have much of an idea what I am doing. If I do want to grow and become better, I need people who do know what they are doing to tell me what I'm doing wrong, or else I'd just be spinning my wheels. So fire away no need to sugar coat it I have thick skin :mrgreen:
And I do agree they are a bit boring. Though I do like the shadows and the way I captured the light shining through the ears on the third one.
And thanks for the link DarkShadow, very interesting read that I'm going to have to try and practice more often.
 
ok here is a head shot using the rule of thirds to give you some idea, also try to not center your object if possible that helps the other thing is focus on there eyes that helps too

$12642880313_25a01c083b_o1.webp
 
I know this isn't quite thirds (didn't have much to work with), but would this be considered an improvement?

12646849564_7184d21065_o.jpg
[/URL] example by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
Nice job on the repost Stig, nice sharp focus. One thing to keep in mind animals are no different than people. When taking a portrait type photo it is all about the eyes. Cats are cats and no matter how much pleading you do they just don't pose when asked. But dogs will, like already mentioned a squeaky toy, food or a ball can get you some good portraits :thumbup:
 
The major thing is the deleted shadow that I saw. Still a noob at photoshop though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom