BorrowLenses.com sells out...

I'm gonna' give you a special little nugget of business advice. This advice is sound, and it's inarguable: If you don't want a client running to Shutterfly with a $20.00 disc of your photos, don't sell them a disc of your photos for $20.00.

^this
I'm no wedding photog but, I did just with in the past 5 years get married. My wife and I bought a cd with edited images for a hefty price. With that came a free book so that may tell you where the price was at. Also the cd didn't come with top quality images. The quality went as follows, low, medium, high. I believe the high quality photos were an additional $500. The cd had about 150 photos on it and our free book is lovely. It came in a hard case with a velvet cloth case blah blah blah, I'm sure you get the idea.
Anyway, I think this is a great way to adapt and it's something you should consider.

The OP said:
Nothing is worse than working your ass off trying to sell your product, just to show up at the reception and see your bride's guest book made with your photos that were printed using swiped screenshots.

No mention was made of a disc of images, at any price.

Permit me to refer you to quotes from posts #3 and #11:

#3:
Why should anyone pay for a wedding album when they can buy the disc and "create their own" on Shutterfly?

#11:
Well, revisit this thread when a client refuses to buy your custom designed album and only wants "a disc" so that they can go create their own for $20 on shutterfly.

Now, I don't know about you, but to me, it looks like the OP is talking about $20.00 discs...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back