Canon has the worst...

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Naming convention! Trying to talk to people about camera bodies it infuriating.

"I like the 70D"

"The 7d?"

"No the Seven DEE-DEE-DEEE-DEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

I vote they use names like "Falcon" "Inturder" "Omega" etc...

p.s. nikon has dumb names too.

p.p.s I have had lots of cold medicine today.

the Violator, the Penetrator, the Baconator....(sorry, wendys already got that one)

I saw the title... "Canon has the worst..." and I was expecting you to say, "sensor dynamic range."... enjoy your day of cough medicine, runnah!!!

baconator ... But it wouldn't be a trademark infringement as it's a completely different product.
Unless it had a scratch and sniff plate on the camera in place of the LCD. ooh .. the possibilities

I like Canon's naming convention better than Nikons

I saw the title... "Canon has the worst..." and I was expecting you to say, "sensor dynamic range."... enjoy your day of cough medicine, runnah!!!

I was expecting you to come up with some graphic of him in bed holding a kleenix box snapping pictures on his canon with the "7" on the 70D hanging off upside down.

Rebel 7T, Rebel 7D, Rebel 70, Rebel Sev NT, Rebel S Event.

Could be worse. Look at Sigma's lens naming convention.

Hey at least Canon stands true to the "number of digits determines grade of camera" scheme.

With Nikon it's all

D4 = Professional/Flagship
D90 = What...um...consumerfessional?
D800/D600 = Prosumer/Professional

Hey at least Canon stands true to the "number of digits determines grade of camera" scheme.

With Nikon it's all

D4 = Professional/Flagship
D90 = What...um...consumerfessional?
D800/D600 = Prosumer/Professional

That isn't entirely true....7D vs 6D...naturally a person that knows nothing of the camera world would at least initially think the 7D was the better camera...I am assuming of course...you know what they say about assuming.

That isn't entirely true....7D vs 6D...naturally a person that knows nothing of the camera world would at least initially think the 7D was the better camera

Haha I was just talking about the number of digits. The numbers themselves are a bit odd in Canon's line.

In terms of quality/feature set it's descending (lower # generally have more features)

1D > 5D > 6D > 7D

Last edited:
And Pentax. K5,K5II,K5IIS Now K3.:er:

they should make it simple tiers.

entry level- the good one.
pro-sumer level - the gooder one
pro level - the gooderest one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back