Boston 2 for C&C

8ball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ART.jpg

hancock.jpg

Potential in both of these, however they're both suffering from the same issue; too great a dynamic range. Consider shooting these at a different time of day when the illumination is more even. For #2, also consider using a polarizing filter to enhance the cloud/sky contrast and perhaps crop the badly under-exposed building off of the bottom as I think that would result in a stronger image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

i have been hearing polarized filter alot i think i am going to start looking into one thanks!

The picture of the statue in front of the library is pretty good. Tirediron is right, a polarizing filter would be good to take care of the sky in the second picture. Even so, I would get my exposure settings from the buildings rather than the sky. The buildings are under exposed because your camera is reading the sky more than the buildings.

Keith
Easy Basic Photography

But Keith, then the sky would be blown, and that wouldn't be interesting.

I don't mind the 'leaning' tall building, some people like that effect, but the smaller building in the bottom is crooked, which distorts takes away from the 'artsy' effect of the tall building. Maybe correct just a little so the base is horizontal.

If the picture is exposed only for the buildings, the sky will come out too light. However, using a polarizing filter would bring the sky back to a realistic color

Most reactions

New Topics

Back