Boudoir Shoot...do these work or no?

while I WANT to love 1&2 I don't. The unbalance bothers me, but the pearls really get to me. The pearls are just plain personal distaste. I think they look cheezy. The pose I like in general, it's the flow of the bathtub line that leads you out of the image that kills me worst of all.

3 I like the out of focus subject and wine glass, but I might have chosen to have maybe the wine glass on the tub in focus while the subject was laid back relaxing. The knee in focus KIND OF doesn't work for me. Again the tub flowing out of the image while her shoulder is cropped off... throwing my balance, as is the lines in the tiles.

4 The tub is still throwing my balance here. I like the out of focus, but where your focus does land is a bit odd. I'd prefer it was her soapy fingers.

5 The tub's leading lines are something you could really use in this pose. This is personal opinion so take it for what it's worth: I'd edit out the diamond tiles. WHY? because they will be/are dated and you want timeless. I'd also edit out the window and faucet

6 doesn't work for me. YOu aren't silhouetting the form, but I can see what little bit of cellulite she has on her arms looking like cottage cheese. The chemise or whatever she has on the front of her combined with the wall or whatever is behind her work very against you here. The black and white doesn't do anything for me either.

8The pose is a great one for boudoir, but the angle is killing this one. THe light fall off on her head and arm hurt, the angle is just bad and the balance is off.
These don't seem to jive with your wedding work I saw.

Thank you for your input.

From my experience, if these are your first, then you are on the right track: One, to have a model who is relaxed enough to show soft expression is wonderful. It is hard work to get a person to relax and photograph them with little clothes. Two, most men I know would love your poses. It has already been addressed the issues I noticed. My favorite is #1.

I would clone out the bathtub control or jet or whatever it is on the side in the first few. She is all classy in pearls and then you have this sort of tacky modern thing in the background. Just my opinion though.

I would clone out the bathtub control or jet or whatever it is on the side in the first few. She is all classy in pearls and then you have this sort of tacky modern thing in the background. Just my opinion though.

Consider it cloned! :)

I must admit that I hardly noticed it.

Not really doing it for me.

I like the pearls. Adds to photograph, not just some one naked in a tub. I would clone out the controls, since you are using the pearls.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back