Bought a new camera! Canon 80D

RowdyRay

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was not about GAS, rather a well thought out decision. The T2i has been a great camera, but I've outgrown it. Just not fast enough for wildlife photography. Might be eating Ramen for a while, but didn't want to settle and pine for better right away. There's always going to be better cameras, but should be good for a couple years. Seriously....I mean it.......Lol.

Definitely a few things to figure out, but I'll get it. Dreadfully gloomy out today, but wanted to play with it. Man, is this thing fast!

46371396572_a4938659e0_b.jpg

You should be happy with the 80d! I'm on my second one, I liked the first one so much. 1st one I put threw the wringer.
I also own the cheaper version of the 80d, the 77d. ( I call it that ) I also like that one.

You should be happy with the 80d! I'm on my second one, I liked the first one so much. 1st one I put threw the wringer.
I also own the cheaper version of the 80d, the 77d. ( I call it that ) I also like that one.

I hope so. The T7i, 77d and 80D are all very similar. Did a lot of comparing.

Big congrats RR. A new camera gives you a kick in the old creative pants.

Thanks Dean. Can't wait to see what I can do with it. Need some nicer weather.

You will enjoy it. I have the T7i as my crop sensor body and like it very much. The 80D, to me, is like the T7i but with the full frame layout and a few of the pro grade features like autofocus micro adjustment.

You will enjoy it. I have the T7i as my crop sensor body and like it very much. The 80D, to me, is like the T7i but with the full frame layout and a few of the pro grade features like autofocus micro adjustment.

Thanks. Yeah, that's why I liked the 80D over the others. Wanted the ability to fine tune the autofocus if necessary.

I had some focusing issues with the Canon T2i and the Tamron 200-500mm. Some said it was soft on the long end. More like it wasn't focusing right. Did several tests and it was front focusing. Couldn't fix it. Did those same tests with the 80D with the same results. Now I can adjust and did. Much sharper. Also love that I can adjust by lens.

Also set up communication between my camera and phone with Canon Connect App. Lot to learn, but I'll get it.

Most reactions

Back