Bought a Nikon 28mm 2.8

I have a friend who has the D3 so I might try it on there and see what wider angle I would have on FF

~Michael~

IS IT A NIKON?

The post title is "Bought a Nikon 28mm 2.8", so my guess is he bought a 28mm f/2.8 lens made by Nikon...I thought he might have answered your question in post #13, and then after yuo asked the same question immediately above in comment #17, but I bet he's floating over the moon after having bought a new lens...I was looking at some on-line auction sites (plural) the other night, and it struck me how very many old Tokina and Sigma and Quantaray, and "Genricon" and "Junky-star" wide angle primes used to be sold back in the manual focus era....boatloads of old Canon and Nikon film cameras with three-lens kits, often with a low-rent 28/2.8 in there...that market seems to have been curtailed over 90% thrse days, to the point where off-brand wide-angle primes have almost zero market share in the autofocus era and certainly the d-slr era.

...what's nice about the 24 and 28 and 35mm Nikkors in the AF-D versions is how SMALL and LIGHT they are compared with zoom lenses!

I had two of those lenses and both had the worst chromatic aberration ever. Sharpness wasn't too much an issue but when I shot in high contrast situations, the purple fringe was always there. I traded for the 24mm 2.8 and this guy's not as sharp as I'd like wide open and the CA is still a bit present but not as bad. If you got a good copy, the 28mm is a good cheap prime that isn't the 50mm. Plus the minimum focus distance is under a foot so shooting indoors is much easier. Congrats!

IS IT A NIKON?

I actually think Sach was talking aboout what Sherman said about the CA and if the lens HE had was a Nikon

-Michael-

Most reactions

Back