NateOntario

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

this was my first attempt at concert photography, my friends band invited me to come to one of their concerts earlier tonight as a photographer.

http://www.myspace.com/wearebounty

I'd really appreciate some harsh C&C, because I really enjoyed myself and would love to get better at this sort of photography.

One idea I had for next time was to bring my off-camera flash, and do long exposures with a little bit of flash at the end, so I can get a little bit of the long exposure effect like in #2, but with a clear focus. Would that work?

This is my flickr album, in case anyone wants to comment on others
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nappynate/sets/72157614066348623/
Here are some shots, I hope these aren't too big

3298492447_510bf06306_b.jpg

3298496079_1f5a58fb07_b.jpg

3. Their drummer is really amazing, especially considering his age. I believe he's only 12 years old.

3299325104_0aba04ff18_b.jpg

3298498967_f4d92ee504_b.jpg

3298493859_1abf91e8c7_b.jpg

3298491907_749045aeb9_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not qualified to give any sort of harsh C&C, but as 'Joe Public' I can say I like them, and I think the results are very good given the lighting conditions you had to work with. I really like the first one, with the stage lights essentially encircling the musician's head and the way you filled the frame with the singer and microphone. And I really like shot 5, even though it's a little soft, as the guitar and the microphone stands and light rays give it all a nice context.

I'm surprised there aren't any comments. These are among the best I've seen, IMHO, of course. I especially like the lighting and comp, and the only complaints I have is the guys' faces are too smooth for guys, and #5 is out of focus.

Thanks for the critique

I especially like the lighting and comp, and the only complaints I have is the guys' faces are too smooth for guys

I think the noise reduction might have caused that :meh:

I didn't really edit these at all. Just did some colour balancing and a little bit of levels adjusting, then converted to JPEG, ran through Noise Ninja, and converted back to a JPEG, since Noise Ninja converts to a .tif automatically.

They look fine for the conditions.

Most reactions

Back