Boxer Pup Pics

vwcabriogirl13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey All! I hope these pictures show up! I am fairly new to photography and tried using my 10 month old boxer pup, Lambeau, as my subject. I would love some C&C on these pictures!

Lambeauportraits026.jpg

Lambeauportraits030edit.jpg

Lambeauportraits023.jpg

Lambeauportraits017.jpg

Lambeauportraits013edit.jpg

My first tip would be to turn your flash off or defuse the light from it, it makes your puppy have scary eyes :) using the flash also makes his white fur to white and it looses detail.

Your puppy has some really cute expressions!

Thanks Rachel! I tried turning the flash off, but the pictures turned out really dark. I think I just needed to use another lighting source. Thanks for the advice!!

It may work really well for you to take pictures of your boxer in its natural surroundings. Outside in the light shade would work well due to natural lighting so as not to have to use a flash. Awesome choice in a dog by the way, my inlaws breed boxers. You also may want a lighter background to accentuate your dog...

Mommy-- Good advice too! I want to shoot some of him outside soon! I was bored at home tonight and only had a solid black blanket to throw up for a background, the color definitely wouldn't be my first choice.

Boxers are pretty much the greatest dogs ever! :)

heehee

#4 is the infamous Boxer head tilt! :) He is so funny, if you make a noise he doesn't recognize he looks at you with his head tilted, just trying to ask, What IS that? :lmao:

As mommy said try making photos of him outside in it's surrounding. If you really want to take the photos inside, then go near a window to use the day light, and use a foam card boar as a reflector to fill in the shadows.You could either use the flash but at a very low power or use a diffuser, you could put even a white piece of paper in front of the flash (not to close so you don't have a fire hazard)

Most reactions

Back