What's new

Boxstoberfest!

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
6,648
Reaction score
145
Location
Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I am sitting in my hotel room typing on the laptop, they have a wireless internet access here. (free) It's been a long day driving through the hill country taking hundreds of photos... ;)
The event is called "The Boxstoberfest". It's where Porsche Boxsters from all over Texas and some from out-of-state meet up for a drive and fun.
There were over 55 Boxsters, no two were exactly alike. :lol:

One Boxster owner who lives in Georgia could not come because of the lack-of-gas between there and here. So he decided to fly his kit airplane down instead. I met him at a dinner party the night before the boxsters showed up at the hangar hotel. He offered to fly me past the line of Boxsters so we could get some aerial photos of the Boxsters. (of course I accepted) :D

After all the photos and getting everything sorted out we all got in our cars, split the group in half, and hit the road; one group going faster than the others.

Here are some of the photos from the day.

3267-074110.jpg

The "Hangar Hotel" was where the Porsche Club of America held "Boxstoberfest" in Fredericksburg, Texas.

3267-074909.jpg

There is a Diner that is on the runway, pilots eat there while they re-fuel.

3267-082045.jpg

This is the plane the I got to ride in to take photos of the cars lined up next to the runway.

3267-092058.jpg

The pilot lining up for another run.

3267-091951.jpg

The hanger with 55 Porsche Boxsters lined up.

3267-091908.jpg

Another aerial photo on another pass.

3267-091707.jpg

One last pass, anymore and he would get in trouble with the FAA. :lol:

3267-153442.jpg

A few of the Boxsters on the run.

3267-102942.jpg

On the drive there were over 30 Boxsters lined up as we drove through the hill country.

I hope you enjoyed these!
When I get back to my house I'll post more for y'all! :)

-Chris
 
bumpo....
 
Nice shots! I like the B&W diner shot and the pilot looking out at the runway is great!
 
The black and white is killer, its (nearly) timeless. All very cool pictures!
I want to ride in a little airplane :D
 
the b/w diner is an awesome shot!
very neat :thumbsup:
looks like a nice time :D
love to see more :) have fun!
 
These photos have AIRIC-quality! WOW! They are sooooooooooooo cool!
You had the crispest of weather for just the crispest of photos, and no matter where you were, on the ground or up in the air, you only got crystal clear photos of all the views you had. What an experience.

I'm with Mansi here: my favourite of the whole lot is the lone Porsche parked in front of the diner. That one is a killer shot!
 
Some lovely photos there .... but the b/w ia awesome .. it stands out amoung the rest .. It could so easily be a poster in retro style of the 1950's !

The Pilot looking at the Runway is thesecond fav ....

Thanks for sharing .
 
Very interesting pics and great thread. The aircraft you flew in looks like a Van's RV-6. Never seen a polished silver one before. JM will find the P-40 Warhawk of interest on the flightline. The B/W is awesome, what a retro looking pic. Great work, hope to see more soon.

Eric
 
Well, I'm back to the house. It's a gloomy, rainy day... Thank God it waited until AFTER the Run. :lol:
Thank you for all your posts!!
The B/W is one of my favorite also.
The morning I had to take those photos from the plane was the WORST lighting, the sun was in my face and as you saw... the plane was polished silver... So as you can imagine, it shined right into my lense. :lmao:

that's the first time I've ever flown in an airplane that small, we didn't have radios so we had to communicate through hand signals/reading lips.

AIRIC said:
The aircraft you flew in looks like a Van's RV-6. Never seen a polished silver one before.
Eric
You are absolutely correct, it is a Van's RV-6 Kit plane. The guy built it himself.

JM will find the P-40 Warhawk of interest on the flightline.
I'll get more pics of that one out soon... It had the "Flying Tigers" markings on it. :)

Thanks again for all your replies!
As soon as I get the laptop up and running I'll get more out for y'all to see! :)

btw, I may be in Driver's Magazine. A guy from Driver's Magazine was there taking some photos of me in the plane and asking a bunch of questions... :lol:

-Chris
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom