What's new

Boy on a tractor

Civchic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
637
Reaction score
334
Location
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
aug 10 fave tractor by civgirlca, on Flickr

I snapped this shot of my son playing on an immobile old tractor at the conservation park yesterday. I like the colours, and the askew-ness of the tractor (the image is straight, the tractor leans - and I feel like my kiddo's lean accentuates that nicely).
 
I think you're right, actually. My boy is a bit soft. I'm not sure it ruins the shot, but I wish I had taken another. I was pretty far away on this shot (208mm) and must have missed my focal point.

It is a Case!
 
Last edited:
Yup, AF centre point was selected, and it hit bottom left of the tractor seat. Oops.
 
Allis Chambers not Case :raisedbrow:
 
I think he might be a bit small in the frame and the colors certainly pull the eye from him.
Darkening the background and sharpening the boy/tractor pops him out a bit.
Harsh daylight is tough.

$tractorlll.webp
 
Thanks, Lew! I like the crop - I'll chew on the B&W conversion for a bit.

Harsh daylight IS rough, and lately, it's all I ever get. I haven't even brought my camera to work lately for my lunch hour jaunts because it's almost "Why bother?". And weekends with the kids are for them first, photography second, so I have to work with what I've got. :) But the sun is starting to come down earlier, so it won't be long before I can get some real nice afternoon light with them again!

Edited to add: I love the tractor discussion, btw.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom