Brand New Here Are Photos

Funcrazy1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm pretty much new to photography starting today! Gear Nikon D3000 with Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Lens
DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

So yea I think my Girlfriend pic is pretty bad because of the blurry and not focus on her. I'm still learning!

Last edited:
what gear do you have?

Not really sure why you bothered posting the pic of your girlfriend, you already gave us your own c&c on it (and you were right, it is terribly blurry and/or out of focus. It also has a lot of noise and the white balance is off).

Hopefully you will look back on this post in a few months and be amazed at how you've improved.

Not really sure why you bothered posting the pic of your girlfriend, you already gave us your own c&c on it (and you were right, it is terribly blurry and/or out of focus. It also has a lot of noise and the white balance is off).

Hopefully you will look back on this post in a few months and be amazed at how you've improved.
Idk just felt like doing it haha also what does C&C mean ?

c&c = comments and criticisms

OK I see you didn't specifically ask for c&c but I guess I'm in the habit of giving it anyway. People posting in the beginners forum usually want comments on their photos.

i dont get how the entire pic in 2 is out of focus. dd you auto focus then move a bit?

i dont get how the entire pic in 2 is out of focus. dd you auto focus then move a bit?

Well I the ISO was on 100 and shutter speed took awhile so yea and auto focus but yea I think I moved. Oh well I get pics tomorrow hopefully it does not rain at all :( dang washington weather...

hmm try bumping up the iso. if the shutter speed is too slow, you will get camera shake if not on a tripod. i would HIGHLY recommend reading the book "Understanding Exposure"

Well I the ISO was on 100 and shutter speed took awhile so yea and auto focus but yea I think I moved. Oh well I get pics tomorrow hopefully it does not rain at all :( dang washington weather...

Picture 2:

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3000
Image Date: 2010:02:01 03:29:49
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm)
Exposure Time: 0.200 s (1/5)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv: 1600
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix

Exif data shows ISO 1600, wide open aperture and 1/5 second shutter speed. You probably just needed more light in order to bump the ISO down a bunch and get your shutter speed into a reasonable range.

You are wasting your time and ours shooting inside with a kit lens, get outside and shoot where there is light

Alright I'm back here is a update try to do a little. This is all freehand shooting but today when I got home I found a Tripod woot! But here is more photos please C&C
DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

Still need to read! But I will get better and more sharper pictures since I have a tripod now :D

I like the first one in your 2nd batch, but the horizon is a little tilted, you can fix that though.

You could try shooting in a continuous mode, like 3 at a time at full res, while you hold the button down, etc. Helps me because I am able to pick through them later on and delete what doesn't work.
Advice I've given myself (since I'm new to this also) is to just take as many pictures as I can, experiment with the camera's settings liberally and make a note of what works and what doesn't.

Looking forward to seeing more.

I like the first one in your 2nd batch, but the horizon is a little tilted, you can fix that though.

You could try shooting in a continuous mode, like 3 at a time at full res, while you hold the button down, etc. Helps me because I am able to pick through them later on and delete what doesn't work.
Advice I've given myself (since I'm new to this also) is to just take as many pictures as I can, experiment with the camera's settings liberally and make a note of what works and what doesn't.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Alright thanks :D I have read 2 tut's on Sun is 16 and cloudy 5.6 and dinner is for 2! haha :D

Most reactions

Back