Brand new noob

RichardsTPF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a photoshop CS5 last week. Only adjust contrast, brightness and saturation before. Never really get into photo edit software.
Read threads here, learn little bit about level, curve, and RGB.
What tools do you use for photo editing?
Any resource I can start with?

I would go to Google and start searching for videos under the heading "Photoshop tutorials". Also, perhaps "Photoshop for Photographers". THe world wide web is soooooooo filled with Photoshop tutorials that I cannot thin k of a specific place to suggest. One of the biggest problems as I see it is that so,so many of the tutorials are done by people who are not really educators, nor video producers, and at times they release videos that are just not,well, not good enough for beginners. Many PS video creators assume a fairly high degree of knowledge on the part of those viewing their videos.

I think the assumed base level of skill is what makes so many "beginner" videos nearly useless for actual beginners!

Here's an awesome website filled with free HD video tutorials made by a professional photographer and a Photoshop wizard, Aaron Nace: Phlearn
A lot of them are different kind of effects but there are good tips on more basic stuff too.

For starters, you need to learn about adjustment layers so you can make reversible overall image adjustments (e.g., curves, color, brightness, etc.), then about layer masks so you can do selective adjustments to parts of an image (also reversible).

Photoshop Thread!
Here's my time to shine! :D
Great thread. Looks like the Adobe TV and NAPP are great resource.

Phlearn is also a good site to learn from. Some basic tips and tricks are very useful.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I think the assumed base level of skill is what makes so many "beginner" videos nearly useless for actual beginners!
and the "advanced" tutorials spend so much time explaining stuff that it is a bloody waste of time to watch it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back