Brand new to the forum. C&C Please!

mynameaintdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Brand new here. I've always loved taking pictures but don't consider myself a serious photographer by any stretch of the imagination. That being said, I've always wanted a critique from someone who "knows their stuff". Any C&C's are greatly appreciated and, I'm really looking forward to learning some new tricks!

The pic in the upper left was taken with a Holga 35mm camera. I don't remember what I was going for here but, I like that I caught the guy looking straight at me. It was early in the morning and cold so he's bundled up. The pic in the bottom right was taken with the same camera but using slide film that was cross processed. Just going for punchy colors. I was gearing for grainy grittiness with both.

The remaining two pics were taken with a Diana+ camera and 120 film. I have a thing about trying to catch the suns rays in photos and am pretty pleased with the pic in the bottom left. I love how the edges came out black too. The pic in the upper right, just a crappy old hotel. What can I say, I like grungy looking pictures.

Attachments

• $75670007.jpg
    $75670007.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 168
  • $50490021.JPG
    $50490021.JPG
    595.3 KB · Views: 160
  • $49930026.JPG
    $49930026.JPG
    507 KB · Views: 157
  • $50490007.JPG
    $50490007.JPG
    613.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Thanks Trever1t! I brought my Holga 35mm to India with me and used slide film that I had cross processed. I got maybe 5 really good pics from 2 rolls of film. Worth it!

I really love the picture of the hotel!! The color is awesome!! I just wish that top corner was in there! I also really like the sun coming through the clouds. It's a great picture! :)

Tanya7x and Frequency - Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm going to try and resize some of, what I consider to be my better photos, so I can post those too.

$DSC_0024.jpg$DSC_0306.jpg$DSC_0999.jpg$DSC_1082.JPG These were all taken with a Nikkon D3100. The 'action' setting was used for the dancing pic. I probably just used 'auto' for the others.

Last edited:
$DSC00374.JPG This one was taken with a cheap point and click digital camera. It was taken at a small Indian village I stopped at during a camel safari. I like that I caught all of the kids in a genuine moment goofing around with the tourist and the girl in green is definitely a scene stealer.

Last edited:
I love all of them. The second or third are my favorites, though the rest are great, too.

really like the whole set. I like the hotel the best it brings out the gamer in me, it reminds me of the game fallout.

really like the whole set. I like the hotel the best it brings out the gamer in me, it reminds me of the game fallout.

Fallout, is that anything like Duck Hunt? My little sister used to cheat and stand like, a foot from the T.V. Just playing... thanks for the positive reinforcement!

Most reactions

Back