brand new to the forum!

pineo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I'm new to the forum, and to photography in general. I was given a D3000 for Christmas, and I have been really enjoying getting into the hobby.

I am still learning the ropes - but I have some questions regarding my photos.

I take many pictures of my aquarium, and I believe that I am over-exposing my shots. How do I fix this?

_DSC0648NEF.jpg

_DSC0649NEF.jpg

As you can see, the sandbed looks over-exposed. Am I mistaking, and how do I fix this?

Here are a few shots that I am rather proud of:
_DSC0555NEF.jpg

_DSC0555NEF.jpg

_DSC0403NEF.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

thanks for the help! and thanks for looking!

Very cool, welcome to the forum!

welcome!

im not familiar with your camera, or nikons in general, but if you feel the shots are overexposed while shooting you can dial in some negative exposure compensation (also referred to as EV). reading your manual should tell you how to do this, or if you find a button that says EC or EV that would be in. then you'd turn the dial so you're getting negative numbers like -1/3, -2/3, -1, etc.

that being said, the last two of the dog are great. especially the last black and white.

Welcome to the forum from another Corgi owner :)

welcome!

im not familiar with your camera, or nikons in general, but if you feel the shots are overexposed while shooting you can dial in some negative exposure compensation (also referred to as EV). reading your manual should tell you how to do this, or if you find a button that says EC or EV that would be in. then you'd turn the dial so you're getting negative numbers like -1/3, -2/3, -1, etc.

that being said, the last two of the dog are great. especially the last black and white.
thanks for the input. I will give that a try.

Welcome, pineo :)

LOL ... gotta love them corgis :)

for aquariums you might benefit from a polarizing filter. could be wrong though. helps reduce glare and reflections

Most reactions

New Topics

Back