Brazilian Waterfall

brazilnutjr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last Thursday I shot some waterfalls near Capitólio, MG in Brazil. This one is called "Cachoeira do Grotão" or "Big Ravine Waterfall". Please let me know how you think it turned out. Thanks!
4744510242_18c1dc17af_b.jpg

You really captured the flow of the water! The colours are good, but I would have included the top of the waterfall as well. You cropped it a bit close to the top. Maybe a vertical orientation would be better? To emphasize the length of the fall and the falling water.

You really captured the flow of the water! The colours are good, but I would have included the top of the waterfall as well. You cropped it a bit close to the top. Maybe a vertical orientation would be better? To emphasize the length of the fall and the falling water.

Thanks pmsnel! The lighting was giving me fits that day. I didn't crop the picture, but I framed it to leave out the sky because it was blown out. This waterfall is in a ravine, so there is a huge difference in the light at the top and bottom of the falls.

I have included a vertical variation below. Although it is probably the best vertical I shot that day, I am disappointed that I did not increase the DOF to include the rock that is in the foreground. I think it would have been much better if that rock were in focus.
4745213075_257b64d095_b.jpg

Thanks again for the comments!

Although not all the rocks might be in focus, this photo has a far more interesting composition than the horizontal one! It has much more depth and waterfall feel! The other picture anyone can take, but this is far more special and personal.

I agree that the lighting is really difficult. I admire your attempts though! Keep it up!

Waterfall is a wonderful scenery in Nature. Beautiful capture. Perfect shutter for the waterfall!! i would say forest because of the tan oak trees.

Although not all the rocks might be in focus, this photo has a far more interesting composition than the horizontal one! It has much more depth and waterfall feel! The other picture anyone can take, but this is far more special and personal.

I agree that the lighting is really difficult. I admire your attempts though! Keep it up!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, pmsnel. I feel a little less disappointed about this one now. I will definitely revisit that spot and try again!

Waterfall is a wonderful scenery in Nature. Beautiful capture. Perfect shutter for the waterfall!! i would say forest because of the tan oak trees.

Thank you, CalanthiaKaryn. I'm not sure I understood the part about the tan oak trees... Looking forward to seeing some of your work here though. Welcome to TPF!

waterfalls are always fun!

great captures. dreamy water. cooooooooooool

Most reactions

Back